Playstation Development Hardware

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
Jackhead
Verified
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Playstation Development Hardware

Post by Jackhead » May 19th, 2021, 5:46 am

Some maybe know im on PS Dev for many years. I grow up with the PS1 and its my fav system with the SNES. Over the years i got the chance to optain some nice hardware. After the PS1 Sony and most other companys go to a complete devkit solution for devs. But i love the idea about to add Parts to a system to build up and work on a system.
For me the goal was first time and today to build the most complete setup possible.
Over the years i tested many hardware for the devboards. The Asus P2B stays out as the best board as host for the Devboards. Depending on ISA and PCI Slots availible the H2500 is the most compatible one to build a complete setup.
For "me" a complete setup is to have ability for Main, Sound and graphics dev on real hardware within one machine.
That was and is my goal on my setup.
So at the moment i run on Win98SE with a Asus P2B and the follow Dev parts (without hardware conflicts):

- H2500 with rare dev io board (i build a frame for use it on a bay) connected to a H2510 cd Drive with special plugs
- H201A Graphic Artist Tool
- H800 Sound Artist Tool
- PSY-Q CD Emulator with Dongle
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
Such setup is only possible with the h2500. Sony *love*
For me the most complete ps1 devkit.
If you like and see more let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PS1 Dev PC: DTL-H2500, H2510, H201A, H800, CDU921S, CD-Emu PSY-Q on Asus P2B with Win98SE