Is there a possible fix (Bodge) for the CXD2510Q's Pin 64

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
Dko
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Is there a possible fix (Bodge) for the CXD2510Q's Pin 64

Post by Dko » April 7th, 2021, 9:13 am

Ok I messed up. I pulled up the trace for pin 64 on my Playstations CXD2510Q while working on a mod (Xstation).

Can someone direct me to a good place I can solder a bodge wire from the pin to?

I tried being as careful as could be, but I ripped off the trace for it and pin 65. 65 doesn't matter so much though, since the mod asks you to pull it back anyway. The rest of the mod looks excellent otherwise.

My model is one that ends with 21 if that helps.

I appreciate any advice/help.

Elbart
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Elbart » April 13th, 2021, 11:39 pm

Dko wrote: April 7th, 2021, 9:13 am Ok I messed up. I pulled up the trace for pin 64 on my Playstations CXD2510Q while working on a mod (Xstation).

Can someone direct me to a good place I can solder a bodge wire from the pin to?
Hi.

Judging from the chip-name CXD2510Q you're talking about a SCPH-100x (model) with a PU-8 board.
I don't have the circuit-diagram for this model, but if all later models do the same as yours, pin 64 (SBSO) is not connected, and pin 65 (EXCK) is connected to ground.
I tried being as careful as could be, but I ripped off the trace for it and pin 65. 65 doesn't matter so much though, since the mod asks you to pull it back anyway.
The installation-guide says to lift pin 63 and 66, nothing about 64 or 65.