Stealth/ Anti mod Query on 7502

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
a7mag3ddon
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Stealth/ Anti mod Query on 7502

Post by a7mag3ddon » September 14th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Hello,

I have a 7502 UK board which i tried to fit an MM3 and a Mayumi V4 chip to and the anti mod games dont work when i test them.

I used Dino Crisis (Ntsc-J) and a different game and both games give me a red warning circle with japanese text warning me that my console is modified.

I thought these 2 chips were supposed to get round the anti mod chip detection routines?

I fitted these 2 because i dont want to have to worry about if software has been patched and that a game will break ( Like Spyro 2).

Anyone got info as to what is going wrong? This is the 3rd playstation i have bought now with " issues "

Thanks

a7mag3ddon
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by a7mag3ddon » September 15th, 2020, 5:02 am

Never mind seems MM3 and Myuma werent true stealth chips.

Flashed and fitted Stealth 2.8a and works great now.

Why they are touted as the best mod chips i have no clue..

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Squaresoft74 » September 15th, 2020, 1:24 pm

I too have a 7502 with a MM3 installed and stealth works just fine here.
My original Japanese Dino Crisis, Legend of Mana and BioHazard 3 discs don't trigger the anti modchip.
Maybe you soldered it wrong ?

a7mag3ddon
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by a7mag3ddon » September 15th, 2020, 6:02 pm

No it wasnt soldered wrong, i refiited both chips several times using dupont wires, then kynar just in case.

If they were soldered wrong wouldnt no games work? Stealth 2.8a has an extra wire over the other 2.

Try something like Un Jammer Lammy PAL version, as the programmers left the japanese code inside it.

a7mag3ddon
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by a7mag3ddon » September 15th, 2020, 6:09 pm

See the attached photos, i tried several times per chip, i didnt just check and resolder the wires, i removed the wires completely each time, have to say though i did buy these chips off ebay 2x MM3 and 1x Myumi. in the end i got my pic programmer from the loft and bought some fresh blanks, did an MM3 and then a stealth 2.8a only the 2.8a worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Squaresoft74
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Squaresoft74 » September 15th, 2020, 8:34 pm

I used Xrider's diagram with mine.
Try to keep your wires as short as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a7mag3ddon
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by a7mag3ddon » September 15th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Oh sorry, i should have said, my 2 photos were from the 7002 board i was messing with :-)

I also tried it using Quads diagrams which is identical i think but pin 4 is in a slightly different location which he had put fromn the top left side of the board.

I might try again just to use the chips up because i now have 3 left!

I still have a 5502 without RGB (basic 4 wire mod)
7002 (with 4 wire mod)
and 2 x 7502 one with stealth chip.

I am keeping the 7002 as ive ordered an Xtstation and keeping 1 of the 7502 as its now got stealth 2.8a and will be my backup machine as its supposedly the "golden model" ?