PSNEE Troubleshooting help needed

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
aarkay14
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer

PSNEE Troubleshooting help needed

Post by aarkay14 » August 19th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I have recently installed a PSNee Modchip (based on Arduino Pro Mini in my SCPH-5500 following the PU-18 wiring diagram below:

When I put back the system I found that I am able to boot Original JP Games on the SCPH-5500 which is normal but not burned US games.. I have not tried booting burned US games. I can see the LED light up to show that it is sending the data but the cd just spins down and then spins up and spins down the it seems that the PlayStation is stuck in a loop trying to boot the disc. Please let me know what I have done wrong - I have only installed 4 wires as mentioned, do I need to install more wires?

-Rama

rama3
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by rama3 » August 20th, 2018, 10:27 am

You have a Japanese system that will only boot Japanese games.
This is an additional lockout that the modchip can't do anything about.
You can use a boot disk, an expansion module or some other method to bypass the BIOS startup.
You could also install an EU or NTSC-U BIOS chip.

aarkay14
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by aarkay14 » August 20th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Wow!! Thank you for the response!! This is news to me!! Can you point me to some additional info on this behalf! Can I region patch my games and then try again? Is there such a thing!?

-Rama

rama3
Verified
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///
/// PSXDEV | ELITE ///

Post by rama3 » August 21st, 2018, 12:18 am

Yea, region patching will also work.
You can find more information in the PsNee development thread, or anywhere else on this site.

aarkay14
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by aarkay14 » August 21st, 2018, 9:28 am

Yaay! Thank you rama3 region patching worked for me! Also my real name is Rama.. Nice to meet you!