Blaze Xploder question

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
kruuth
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Blaze Xploder question

Post by kruuth » August 4th, 2016, 3:55 am

I was given one of these way back in 1997 at E3. I was wondering about the hardware in it. One of the Devs mentioned that it could be plugged directly into the parallel port of a PC but I'm too nervous to try that. Does anyone have experience with these things?

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » August 4th, 2016, 8:40 am

If you are nervous, wear an anti-static rubber helmet... http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=726

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Post by LameGuy64 » August 4th, 2016, 10:34 am

I own a Xplorer FX and yes, you can plug it directly to your PC via parallel port to communicate with it. I'm not sure about the Blaze Xploder though and I'm not sure if the Xploder and Xplorer series have any differences hardware-wise. If you don't mind, could you show us a picture of it to help us identify it?

The only cheat carts I know of that require the so-called PC comms link card are the Action Replay carts.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

kruuth
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by kruuth » August 30th, 2016, 7:12 am

Ok cool. I'm happy with that. Is there a good codes list I can DL and transfer to this thing?

sickle
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
I am a: Chocolate-fueled pug fetish robot.

Post by sickle » September 8th, 2016, 3:36 pm

nocash wrote:If you are nervous, wear an anti-static rubber helmet... http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=726
Just glad the motherboard was well fused :mrgreen:

If you're not sure I guess you could just open the thing and grab the datasheet of the chips mostly closely connected to the parallel port?