Problem connecting my PS1 to a crt tv with scart rgb cable

General information to do with the PlayStation 1 Hardware. Including modchips, pinouts, rare or obscure development equipment, etc.
Drevsan
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Problem connecting my PS1 to a crt tv with scart rgb cable

Post by Drevsan » January 20th, 2022, 6:46 am

I just received my PlayStation 1 PS1 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH cable, connected to my ps1 and my crt, but it shows nothing, black screen 🙁

My CRT (Mivar 14 M4) tv only has a single SCART port on the back, I previously connected my ps1 with a composite cable connected to a SCART adaptor and it works, as it should. But if I connect the SCART RGB cable, I just have a black screen. My CRT is a Mivar 14 M4

I bought this cable: https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/son ... cable-lead

And what's this? https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/son ... sync-CSYNC Isn't this supposed to be specific for PVM/BVM? I don't need this one right?

L10N37
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by L10N37 » January 30th, 2022, 1:51 am

are you sure it supports RGBs. SCART often only supports composite / S video

I've got a Loewe with 2 scart inputs and only one supports RGB.

Drevsan
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502

Post by Drevsan » February 1st, 2022, 6:44 am

I understood what the problem was, retrogaming cable seemed to have entered the scart port, in reality, it was not properly inserted. Compared to other scart cables, the retrogaming one is a bit tight, so I had to force a little bit to insert it, but then I managed to get it into the scart port of another lcd tv. Then I tried again on the crt doing the same thing, now it works. It was the shape of the scart port on your adapter which is a bit tight, but now that I understand that that was the problem, it works.