Nyan Cat PSX

PSXDEV homebrew Projects that are listed on the homepage and homebrew link
Forum rules
Do not submit your PlayStation games or programs here!
Please submit them under 'Homebrew (General)'.
h4un73d
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Nyan Cat PSX

Post by h4un73d » September 27th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Nyan Cat PSX

Username: Haunted
Project Title: Nyan Cat PSX
Time to Complete: 2.5 months
SDK: PSY-Q
Genre: Animation
Latest Release: Version 1.0
In Development: Yes
Initial Release Date: 27-SEP-2012
Last Date Updated: 27-SEP-2012
Controller: DUALSHOCK / ANALOG
Players: 1
Memory Card: 0 Block
Languages: Eng
Region: Auto
Burn and Play: Yes
Executable Included: No (if you want to use the executable without CD-DA, you will need a Comms Link device)
Source Included: No

After a lot of hard work and frustration trying to perfect the CD-DA playback from the CD-ROM (because I don't have a Sony Mastering Burner), I am pleased to release Nyan Cat for the Sony PlayStation 1.

Press and hold START for the pop-up menu
(I will update the date on it in the next version release - as seen in the second image).

I do plan to release a new version that will include a Timer, Memory Card features (save your longest Nyan time) and scratch the CD-DA audio for VAG audio which will solve the long delay before the track starts playing, and cut down the file size to less than 3 megabytes.

Make sure that you burn to a CD-R using ImgBurn, and that you load the .CUE sheet and NOT the .BIN. Also make sure to burn at 1x or 2x speed (if not, the slowest speed possible that your drive supports).

If you want to get started on making games like this for the PlayStation 1, read around, post a new topic and join our IRC channel to learn.

*EDIT*
I made it onto Hack a Day :)
http://hackaday.com/2012/09/27/nyan-cat ... tion-game/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFoONLwy5Nk[/youtube]

CUE + BIN: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_GAaD ... kxjd1RHQ1U

evilsim
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by evilsim » December 30th, 2016, 10:18 pm

where is the nyancat love everyone??

h4un73d your skills are evident in this great port of nyan cat. i would like to play with CDDA audio on my ps-io, but it appears the WAV file and .cue combination are not working in my PSIO Systems Console when trying to produce a .cu2 file - "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: i"

if there is a way of getting this to work - i would use it :) thanks

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » December 31st, 2016, 6:58 pm

evilsim wrote:... it appears the WAV file and .cue combination are not working in my PSIO Systems Console when trying to produce a .cu2 file - "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: i"
The CUE sheet seems to be invalid. This is expected to be burned to a CD-R since the CDDA audio isn't actually present in the binary file. It needs to be burnt, and then re-ripped as a binary. It then should work.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

evilsim
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by evilsim » January 1st, 2017, 9:29 am

great i will give that a shot - i had the same idea but nice to have it confirmed. ill report back if i have any problems. thanks :)

syntax
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by syntax » January 24th, 2024, 3:38 am

Nyan Cat PSX converted to single bin/cue working on xstation
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19HwoJ164jNA4iiFFAr-ZNZNtUmBhWuYs/view?usp=sharing