Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Need help for the Yaroze SDK? Ask a question or look for an answer here. For programming questions or anything else, please see the PlayStation 1 section since the Yaroze has the exact same hardware as a normal PlayStation
ndiddy
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Trouble getting Siocons connected to PC

Post by ndiddy » May 30th, 2018, 9:59 am

I thought that Net Yaroze would be a good place to start on the Playstation due to the archived tutorials and simpler API. However, I can't get Siocons to talk to my Windows 98 PC to talk to the Playstation over serial. I can receive the boot message that the boot CD sends and enter commands into the debug console if I'm using Hyperterminal but whenever I try to type anything in Siocons it says "DTL-H3000 not ready". If it helps trace the problem, I'm using a SharkLink cable to connect my PS1 to the computer (read a bunch of stuff online that said it would work, and definitely cheaper than a real Yaroze cable), so maybe that's the issue?

ndiddy
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by ndiddy » May 30th, 2018, 10:48 am

Note that CodeWarrior also can download data to the PS1, just not Siocons.

danhans42
BANNED
BANNED

Post by danhans42 » July 7th, 2018, 6:50 pm

I have a Sharklink cable but never managed to get it to work with SIOCONS.

Easiest method I found was going down the full USB-Serial route and running the Yaroze tools in DOSBOX. This works perfectly for me. (There is some info on how to do this with a PSone in the link in my signature if you cant find it on the forum)