psymake Makefiles

General Programming help in C, C++ or ASM, Compiling / Debugging, and R3000A Central Processing Unit (CPU) information
jman
Rookie Programmer
Rookie Programmer

psymake Makefiles

Post by jman » October 16th, 2013, 8:59 am

Hello,

I'd like to create a variable in a psymake Makefile using a Windows path.
What is the correct syntax?
Example:

Code: Select all

LIBPATH=%PSXLIB_PATH%
but it doesn't work.

I think I've read somewhere that psymake is just a variant of a Windows GNU make, is it true? Where do I find documentation for psymake and its flags (aside the synopsis when invoking it without parameters)?

Thanks

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » October 16th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Assuming you have the Programmer CD Documentation (PSY-Q SDK DOC from the PSXDEV.net downloads) copied over, navigate to: psyq\DOCS\TECHREF\PROGCD\GNU\CCPSX.PDF. Even better, load CATALOG.PDF from the root of that disc (directory) and browse. It has lots of information ;)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

jman
Rookie Programmer
Rookie Programmer

Post by jman » October 17th, 2013, 7:19 am

What an idiot I am. Of course the syntax is the same as the usual Makefile, example:

c:\>set MYPATH=c:\dir\subdir
and then in the makefile recipe retrieve that variable with:

test:
    echo $(MYPATH)

jman
Rookie Programmer
Rookie Programmer

Post by jman » October 18th, 2013, 8:43 am

I have some issues though in parsing the recipe, example this line (I'm compiling using PSXLIB) returns an error:

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -I$(PSXLIB_HEADERS)\. -Xo$(address) DataManager.o System.o Sprite.o Prim2D.o Dialog.o BG.o $(prog).c  -o $(prog).cpe,$(prog).sym,$(prog).map
while executing it on CLI works fine.

I've followed the piece of advice in this post and installed GNU make. No more problems.

Psymake looks to me to be rubbish.

jman
Rookie Programmer
Rookie Programmer

Post by jman » May 15th, 2014, 7:59 am

I've found a reference for Psy-Q Makefiles here (pag. 197):
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~antime/sega/files/SATMAN.pdf

The document it's for the Sega Saturn platform but the company is always SN Systems...