WORKSHOP CODING INTROS & DEMOS for Play Station 1

General Programming help in C, C++ or ASM, Compiling / Debugging, and R3000A Central Processing Unit (CPU) information
Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User
I am a: Programmer, Beginning reverser
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502
Discord: Dedok179#2632

Post by Dedok179 » August 13th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Shadow wrote:HITMOD can be found on the HITMENS site here.
I'm talking about menus.Those that early threads.

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Post by inc^lightforce » November 20th, 2015, 8:48 pm

sorry for the down files. i was away from the forum for a long time. shame on me

i will upload all of them very soon

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » November 20th, 2015, 8:55 pm

you are tired in PS1 Games copy protection?

today i provide the - BAD - cracking tutorial. It is a office document and only in german, but can easily translated in google or with similar tools. thanks to Malaexyz.

shouts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ViLXDRYAD
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Avocado lover
Motto: FR E SH A VOCA DO
PlayStation Model: SCPH1001

Post by ViLXDRYAD » May 21st, 2018, 1:49 pm

AAAAAA i love this! i enjoyed your group productions so much as a kid! it was Paradox who inspired me into coding for the demoscene!

thaanks you so much for all this info and source codes! let's see what idea i come with out of them! = 3

btw the links on post 1, 2 ,3 ,6 and 12 of this thread are offline :C i'd really, really appreciate if you reuploaded them!~ +O+

i wish i knew years ago rapidshare and other hostings were going to close, so many good stuff lost ;-;

thaanks a lot beforehand, inc^lightforce! x3

Z3R0X
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Z3R0X » June 29th, 2019, 1:42 am

I love this thread, should be pinned and the files uploaded, it inspires me to start coding in C.
Thank you so much inc^lightforce. :praise :praise :praise
Thread:
I do most ASM hacking I'm thinking of instead of defining opcodes for trainers like:
#define NOP 0x00000000
I saw in a exemple here
var = (u_long *)0x80080000;
*var = NOP;
There must be a way to insert a whole ArrayOfBytes into the main EXE and make smaller trainers and hack the main exe on depacking.
Here an AoB example is a JR RA and NOP..... and so on.
char rutine[] = {0x08, 0x00, 0xE0, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00......
and patch it directly into the main exe with for loops, that way the trainers will be much smaller, I don't know how big injected trainer can be.
There are some limitations, sometime the main exe load modules or other files that moves around routines, that is why Gameshark have the conditional code types.

Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by Dedok179 » August 14th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Almost finished work on the trainer builder.
Thanks to such guys as Icarus, Shadow, INC, LameGuy64, Mr2, Brill. Only thanks to these guys I was able to implement this program, which I have long wanted to do. Thank you for all the dudes :D .

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/-A0aCiLDAVY[/BBvideo]

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » August 15th, 2019, 5:38 am

Wow, very nice! Turned out well!!
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » October 26th, 2019, 9:48 am

back.
damn i forgot to enter this forum for such a while.
any questions? anything is down? any help needed?

pls contact me.
the fastet way is skype: a5recordings
leave a short sign and i will be back instantly

@Dedok179

very nice work.
this make things very easy. i remember back in the days i used the hardware "Action Replay" and searched throug a whole exe code :D

but a trainer also need a nice intro ;)

maybe we can develop a windows based AiO Tool that create a trainer including the known Intros including Logo, Music, 3D and all those stuff.

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » October 26th, 2019, 10:09 am

Z3R0X wrote: June 29th, 2019, 1:42 am There must be a way to insert a whole ArrayOfBytes into the main EXE and make smaller trainers and hack the main exe on depacking.
Here an AoB example is a JR RA and NOP..... and so on.
char rutine[] = {0x08, 0x00, 0xE0, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00......
and patch it directly into the main exe with for loops, that way the trainers will be much smaller, I don't know how big injected trainer can be.
There are some limitations, sometime the main exe load modules or other files that moves around routines, that is why Gameshark have the conditional code types.
the Limitation is up to the packing rate as i mentioned in my Entry Post:
we/ i... used to hardcode trainers in the past. i have all the source code and examples on my HardDisc.

I will update my Thread with new source code and Examples soon

Why only 1 exe file? it was important and inevitable to pack the original "Game-exe" to get free space for own Code of Cracktros/ Selectors or Trainers.
The new modified "PS1 Game EXE", taken from the original Game-ISO, MUST always have exactly! the same size after including a "Cracktro Code" into the "Original PS1 Game-EXE". Than the modified "PS1 Game EXE", injected back into the "GAME-ISO", all in all must have the same file and sector size to work properly. Otherwise the Game failed to boot up from Disc in the PS1 Console.
Injecting a Cracktro into a Game was only possible, if we included own Code into the "Original PS1 Game Exe"! No other solution will work

When i packed a "PS1 Game EXE" of eg. 400 KB, i had with luck, a result of 150 KB. OLé yeah --> now i had 250 KB free Space for own "Code, the Cracktro" to include in front of the "Original PS1 GAME". Later the file was compiled with "Hook points" and ASM Addresses to load up from the correct EXE MEM-ADDRESS and Disc-Sector. You can see it in the source code called as: ASM .... and *ficken (ficken = german and means "fuck" so we fucked SONY :) ). When pressed on the Gamepad "X" or "O", the game does now boot/load for the desired "TV Video Norm". Show a nice Cracktro, play a funny sound and remove copy protection or offer a "Trainer menu". Creating a PPF File was always done with our magic tools (one of them: "magic sector key"). MSK.exe scan the whole PS1 ISO and print the exact position of the Exe File and other important information.

Secundo
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Secundo » April 20th, 2020, 6:31 am

Hello all, why I can't download tha MSK attachement? I wan't to put intro to my game :(

Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by Dedok179 » April 20th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Secundo wrote: April 20th, 2020, 6:31 am Hello all, why I can't download tha MSK attachement? I wan't to put intro to my game :(
Hello
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Secundo
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Secundo » April 20th, 2020, 6:53 pm

Thank you a lot

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » April 24th, 2020, 2:15 am

i've added more explanations into my 1rst post

i also attached the 3 tools that are necessary to start coding your own intro.

cheers

MrBengali
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by MrBengali » May 24th, 2020, 6:35 am

Hello Inc,

Nice post. Bring back old memory. Regarding Rob Northern Packer (PPIBM/RNC), I was wondering if there is aversion running on a modern pc somewhere ? I am trying to compile some old intro of mine but I am still missing a couple
of items, incl. this good old packer :)

Thanks.

Dedok179
Serious PSXDEV User
Serious PSXDEV User

Post by Dedok179 » May 24th, 2020, 7:28 am

MrBengali wrote: May 24th, 2020, 6:35 am Hello Inc,

Nice post. Bring back old memory. Regarding Rob Northern Packer (PPIBM/RNC), I was wondering if there is aversion running on a modern pc somewhere ? I am trying to compile some old intro of mine but I am still missing a couple
of items, incl. this good old packer :)

Thanks.
Hello MrBengali,

This is what you need.

MrBengali
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by MrBengali » May 24th, 2020, 8:14 am

@dedok179 Thanks you! This is indeed what I am chasing for. I am a bit rusted after 20 years but I am trying to recover :)

MrBengali
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by MrBengali » May 25th, 2020, 8:36 am

@dedok179 PPIBM64 recompiled and I have the old RNC routine (adapted from N64 R4300). I gonna try to assemble some bytes tomorrow. Thanks again!

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » June 2nd, 2020, 8:02 am

hi MrBengali,

looong time nothing heard from you. how are you?
I'm on rush at the moment but meanwhile i also programming a 3D Demo as an tutorial for my workshop.
If you need some help to get loose the rust, lets keep in touch ;)

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by inc^lightforce » June 2nd, 2020, 1:21 pm

To make, packing the original PS1 Exe easy for current Windows Versions, i just programmed a "rnc packing tool". Compatible with Windows XP up to Windows 10, x86 and further Windows versions.

The Tool will be online soon and can be taken from my first post.

EDIT:

NEW WINDOWS RNC TOOL Released

you can download the tool from the entry post.

Info:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by inc^lightforce on April 9th, 2021, 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

MrBengali
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by MrBengali » June 4th, 2020, 4:45 am

@Inc

Great to hear from you. Nice gui. Thanks to dedok, I put my hands on a working version of PPIBM. I have compiled
a few of our old asm intro. It works on real hardware but it's less conclusive on emu and/or classic. Some bytes to
fix (and running out of time). I am trying to setting up a working env. as in the old days but I am still missing some of our old tools and a proper linker to connect the real hardware.

Would be more than happy to chat about that :)