Memory card access problem

General Programming help in C, C++ or ASM, Compiling / Debugging, and R3000A Central Processing Unit (CPU) information
hack66
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Memory card access problem

Post by hack66 » April 26th, 2017, 1:51 pm

I have a problem accessing the memory card after loading an exploited xs moto save file. I have embedded an exe in the save file and I can get it to run but it thinks the card is disconnected.

When I load the exe into an emulator directly the memory card is accessible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » April 26th, 2017, 8:45 pm

I haven't done too much with the Memory Card libraries yet, but I remember many developers having a nightmare of a time getting them to work properly without freezing. The routines you're using I believe are the old method. The new method involves using libcard directly. You need to be very careful with the interrupts though because they are loaded in a certain order and un-loaded in reverse order. If you get it wrong, the PlayStation freezes, libpad crashes or libcard crashes. It's mentioned in the BBS documents from Sony. I'd start to first off add printf's with some VSync's to find exactly where it's freeing for you.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.