WTS:EmulationStation+Kodi PlayStation - Octa Core ODroid XU4 - 200USD

Buy, sell and trade PlayStation 1 related software and/or hardware
Forum rules
We do not take any responsibility for what you buy, sell or trade in this forum. You may however report suspicious users and scammers.

Only PlayStation 1 based equipment may be bought, sold and traded here.

Please bump topics only every 14 days (2 weeks) otherwise we will lock the topic.

When listing an item for sale, you must include in each photo alongside the item your name/handle on physical media (paper, cardboard sign, mobile phone displaying it, etc).

You may only list items for sale when your post count is greater than 5 or if you are a verified user.
aarkay14
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer

WTS:EmulationStation+Kodi PlayStation - Octa Core ODroid XU4 - 200USD

Post by aarkay14 » September 5th, 2018, 11:32 pm

Um.. I dont know if I can sell it here but worth a try, if the mods feel this is not right then they can delete the post. This is a report from FW:

Dear All,

Selling my Octa-Core PlayStation with Batocera Linux installed! I have spent a lot of effort in building this at home, the details of which can be seen in the video below:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HKm9GLXr4[/BBvideo]

You will receive only the body of the console - the body is not chipped or yellowed, in it is great shape! Made in Japan! Both the controller ports work and you can use any PlayStation 1 or 2 controller with it! The rear ports contain an Ethernet port, a USB 3 port, HDMI and Power connector.. you can use it anywhere in the world the power adapter inside is universal!

The Blu Ray drive will play all audio, DVD discs and un-encrypted Blu Ray Discs in Kodi. As it is based on Batocera Linux it does not do Sega Saturn, 3DO, Amiga machines, Atari ST, Apple II, ColecoVision, Gamecube, Moonlight, Intellivision, Nintendo DS, Wii. It can do Jaguar with some performance issues.. Apart from this it can emulate all old retro systems perfectly including Mega CD, PC Engine and PlayStation one for all regions. It does NOT play original discs even though it has hardware to do the same but RetroArch does not support it as of now.. it is a software limitation and not a hardware limitation..

Asking: 200 USD + Shipping from Japan. Make me an offer if you feel this is too much!

Some pictures:

Please me PM me for offers if you think this is too much that I am asking or for any other Information! I take custom requests as well so I sell this one out I can build you another one if you wish!
-Rama

likeabaus
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User

Post by likeabaus » September 6th, 2018, 12:17 am

This is a really cool idea! Holy cow! I would buy it, but really can't afford to drop $200 on something for fun right now. Got other priorities unfortunately, I'm sure somebody else here will snatch it up pretty quick though!

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » September 6th, 2018, 12:51 am

Cool project, but It's cheaper to spend $110 USD on PSIO and use the original Sony hardware which will give you much higher compatibility :)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

aarkay14
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer

Post by aarkay14 » September 17th, 2018, 10:41 am

Shadow wrote: September 6th, 2018, 12:51 am Cool project, but It's cheaper to spend $110 USD on PSIO and use the original Sony hardware which will give you much higher compatibility :)
Oh but it is an emulator and kodi box and not a PlayStation 1.. Its a sleeper Linux machine! :P