Pure vs enhanced PS1

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Sirrico
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Pure vs enhanced PS1

Post by Sirrico » October 6th, 2015, 4:18 am

In other communities, especially NES and SNES, there exist two different groups of players. Some only play games how they were intended (ex. on hardware or with 100% accuracy emulators), while others use emulators with enhancement plugins.

In the PS1 world there are various emulators; and with these emulators we can get plugins that do very neat things. We have GTE accuracy hacks, widescreen mods, and internal engine up-scalers just to name a few.

How do you feel about some of these things? Here at psxdev most people probably have Playstations that they play games on, but would you ever set up an emulator configuration to play custom "HD" versions of your favorite games?
-Sirrico

Shendo
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
I am a: Programmer
Motto: Never settle
PlayStation Model: SCPH-7502
Discord: ShendoXT

Post by Shendo » October 7th, 2015, 5:39 am

When I play a game for the first time I want to have the intended experience so I play on hardware,
but if I'm replaying a game then I'm all for enhanced experience,
unless there is some unfixable flaw with the emulator(s).

Example being Vagrant Story where chain abilities are not properly handled by any
popular emulator I have tried so far, which is a shame because 'widescreen hack' works great in this game.
Dev console: SCPH-7502, FreePSXBoot, CH340 serial cable.

Sirrico
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Post by Sirrico » October 16th, 2015, 5:17 am

Even though PS1 emulators are both numerous and expansive, it is still hard to configure certain games (MGS, Vib-Ribbon, etc...). I always play a game on hardware first, then I try it on the computer to see how good looking I can get it. It's kind of amazing to see how you can make a few games look like PS2 games!
-Sirrico

gøcon
BANNED
BANNED

Post by gøcon » October 16th, 2015, 11:11 am

you dont get the real feeling and gun support is non on pc. :naughty there is no fan noise :dance ps1 emulation have failed :D in speed a 33mhz mame game fail timcrisis and gun will fail you cant move shoot completely darkspot and you get on fm2 7850k amd and 2013 gpu even dolphin failed :flag i got all the crt consoles. i plan play on gun games playstation 1 playstation 2 and the ps1 games are not for ps2 have ugly fan :lol: sega saturn and xbox thats it thats all gun 3d consoles and dc all new shit do not have accuracy failed all my screen psmove did fail and both my tv projector

gøcon
BANNED
BANNED

Post by gøcon » October 16th, 2015, 11:37 am

hei you can use crt prosjector and have it compatible so you can play all those pay coins ;)