Hello! Am I late?

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Blastside
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Hello! Am I late?

Post by Blastside » August 13th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Hello all. I would have liked to have been a part of this community 18 years ago when the Yaroze launched but I guess it's better late than never, right. Just thought I would post a quick blurb and introduce myself.

I'm Canadian, live in NS. Just bought a Net Yaroze complete in box, very exciting. Back in 1997 I was managing a Video game store and that's when I first heard about the Yaroze but on my low wage couldn't afford one. I did however pick up a Gameshark and a PCI card for my 486. I taught myself hex and a some rudimentary html then began creating codes and submitting them to websites. Eventually I moved on to computer gaming then went to college and now 18 years later I'm back to square one. A friend of mine talked me into getting into retro gaming and I have gone nuts buying up all kinds of old systems but the Playstation has so many awesome memories for me. Now I'm an Operations Manager and a Microsoft Certified Trainer. I still don't know how to program but I have set myself a target of December to read through a few books, and start working on my first project.

I will try not to ask any noob questions. I'm thrilled this site is here, what a great resource.

CyrusDevX
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by CyrusDevX » August 14th, 2015, 2:33 am

Hey Buddie ^^, i feel the same lol. Being born 93' i didnt get to experience the PSX right away, but in 98' or 99' + b4 the ps2 i had my very first experience with any game system. And you know what system that was?!?!? The PSX! lawl i loved it so much. i didnt own a system till the launch of the ps2(first ever system i owned), but i went over to a friends to play FFVII and FFVIII all the time haha. i think thats why im so fascinated with FF Games ^^.

And im sure your questions whether or not "noob" ones are valid questions to be asked ^^. Heck im still learning a lot b4 i start @ ITT in sept. One of the concepts i want to learn is how software and hardware communicate on a very low lvl. for now im working with C in Psy-Q SDK. psyq is so perfect XD. It runs flawless on Win7 x64! (with a lil help from : http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=225)

Whether or not your doing software or hardware development on the psx, its very fun an a great learning tool. If you have a PIO card like xploder and a pc with a pinkish 25 pin Printer port u can start right away ^^! But like myself i opted for the Modchip + PSXSERIAL Disc w/ a Serial I/O to USB cable i made.

Also let me know if ya need a PIC mod chip to install in your PSX. I have an abundance of 12f508's 12f509's and even more 12f629's. There are several firmware's i can burn to the ic's, but its mostly up to u and what u would like(there isnt much difference in functionality, other then the factor of what Motherboard version ur psx has) I know u have a net yaroze, but imho psyq has more potential and the program size in RAM is limited to ~500KB on yaroze vs ~1.5MB on psyq. psyq will work on your yaroze.

Any who, i personally would like to say hello and welcome ya here myself ^^.
Best wishes, Warren.

Blastside
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Blastside » August 14th, 2015, 3:00 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't need any mod chips at the moment but I do have a few playstations so I may take you up on that. I have an Xploder coming in the mail hopefully next week. I just recently bought 4 boxes of "stuff" off a guy locally and in the boxes there were 6 PLaystation 1's, (2 modded), 3 modded PS2's, an original PSP, Rock band set, a couple dozen controllers and about 6 multi-taps, 3 link cables and more. I'm sure I will find lots of fun things to do with this stuff.

I just introduced my 9 yo daughter to monster rancher and spyro so she's having a blast with that. Looking forward to learning a lot on here.

- Travis

MrLavisherMoot
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by MrLavisherMoot » August 18th, 2015, 9:21 am

Ah, what the hell. I might as well use this thread to introduce myself.

I'm Lavisher Moot (not my real name of course :P). I joined this place back in March 2015, but didn't really do anything activity-wise until now. I've been interested in experimenting with programming PSX software for quite a bit... only problem is, I can't program for shite.

I feel I might be one of the younger members of this site; I was born near the end of 1996 if that tells you anything.

I own two PlayStations: the original PAL SCPH-1002 model from 1995 and the smaller SCPH-102 PSone model.

Blastside
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Blastside » August 19th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Cool! Thanks for introducing yourself. Playstation was such an amazing system at the time. Still is a great system.

David
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by David » October 20th, 2015, 4:53 am

Hey guys, I also just got registered. I've been playing on the ps1 since my youth (born 1990) and just recently googled playstation development on a whim. I'm glad that there are still people engaged with the system and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.