Greetings, about time I found this community!

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
meth962
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Bucket List Enthusiast
Motto: Masakatsu agatsu

Greetings, about time I found this community!

Post by meth962 » September 11th, 2014, 5:52 am

I thought I was alone and vastly out-dated in my recent (but powerful) interest in psx debugging. I am so glad I found this site with people that know what they're doing.

<Boring spiel about me>
Not to say I've been unsuccessful, but everything I know was self taught or from very outdated random forum posts from 2002 haha. It all started when happened to find all the secrets in an unknown jRPG called Legend of Legaia. The fans pushed me to write a full walkthrough and I did (which was awesome because I always envied those guys). It wasn't enough though, as so many questions about the inner workings of the game came up. And with official lacking guides, there weren't even stat numbers for enemies/players!

Next thing I know, I learn hex, assembly, use pSX to debug anything and everything, and write a bunch of .Net apps to extract data from the disc or memory among other things. Last thing I did was rip all the images from the game, and took a quick look into trying to determine what style of 3D moddeling the game uses.......that landed me here!
</Boring spiel about me>

Long story short, I am excited to be here :)

Sirrico
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1001

Post by Sirrico » September 11th, 2014, 8:26 am

Well hi there! Like you, I am also glad that there still exists an active community out there in the world, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any tutorials... :D

Have fun!
-Sirrico