Good wireless psx/ps2 controllers?

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
andrew_88
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Good wireless psx/ps2 controllers?

Post by andrew_88 » June 23rd, 2014, 3:03 pm

Were there any ever made that were good? I'm looking to get some because I think most of us now sit much further away from the screen due to bigger screens.

Cheers! :D

DD-Indeed
Extreme PSXDEV User
Extreme PSXDEV User
I am a: Average DIY-guy
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by DD-Indeed » June 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

I'm also curious about those, because I got big TV and 3 meters between it and couch, can't laid back, because the controller wire is just 2.5 metres long. :D Could it be possible to change the cable to longer one, CAT6-cable has same wires inside, so there's already the wire existing. :)

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 23rd, 2014, 6:19 pm

Wireless sucks. Always replacing batteries, latency issues, etc...
Cable is the way to go :)

Get one of these (PSX extension cable):
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

retrogameplayer
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Level Designer, Modder
PlayStation Model: DTL-H1101

Post by retrogameplayer » June 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm

There are some third-party PS2 wireless controllers. Not great quality and some features absent, pressure sensitive buttons work as binary on/off, some disconnects if more than a few meters away. Still, not a horrible experience as they do work and maybe worth picking one up as they run only ~$10 on ebay, etc.. You would also probably want to pick up a couple NiMH batteries to recharge as otherwise its not a very cost effective route.
Go mod something at http://RetroGameplayer.com