SCPH-1000 cd drive fail

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
nerzax
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1000

SCPH-1000 cd drive fail

Post by nerzax » April 26th, 2023, 9:35 pm

I bought SCPH-1000 with a verdict of faulty drive, but when i try to change it to original drive from SCPH-3000 it won't works. Original drive won't rotate, scph-3000 drive clicks very loud approx. twice per second and disc try to rotate but stopping. The Chinese drive (works on SCPH-3000) rotates disc, but very slowly, clicks are very quiet. Bias variable resistor(RV704? i can't remember now) is not present, looks like somebody tore it off. I can upload video if it helps, please help.

nocash
Verified
PSX Aficionado
PSX Aficionado

Post by nocash » April 28th, 2023, 8:23 pm

I had to look up "verdict", it means "opinion or judgement", there's probably a better word for that, but I think I know what you mean.

Anyways, as you said, you have two consoles... and tested them with five different disc drives??? And some of them can successfully click and start and stop rotation, but you didn't tell if any of those drives or consoles are actually able to boot games or play audio discs.

In general, I would recommend to clean the lens, figure out if RV704 (or whatever you can't remember now) is really missing, and if it's actually installed in other consoles, there are lots of photos of mainboards and disc drives where you could check that things.