Hellooooooo Everybodyyyy

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Vergil
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Hellooooooo Everybodyyyy

Post by Vergil » January 18th, 2023, 5:32 am

Hellow fellow PS1 Homebrewers :D ,

My Name is Robert Carter, and needless to say I am no stranger to programming :dance .But I would;ve been hee sooner, but I had to literally revive an old WinXp system, which I succeeded in doing. Everything is going ok at the moment, but there are a few things getting in the way:

#1) The "animatio.exe" is NOWHERE, I MEAN NOWHERE to be found in the PsyQ SDK, the regular PSx SDK or even the Net Yaroze SDK. ANYONE, I mean ANYONE that can point me to a link to the program, I would totally thank you :praise for ending my search with a link to the exe :crying

#2)I find that the PSX Mini is an invaluable dev unit to toy with. But there seem to be a few workarounds though.. I'm assuming that once you build the ROM file from the psxexe, you should burn it to a CD..then proceed to make a "*.BIN" "rip" of it, then load it onto Autobleem or RetroArch , to see if (I hope you basically nailed it before doing all of this with the ROM) it WILL ACTUALLY WORK properly. But, I'm not exactly there yet in development. I have stumbled upon important drawing commands to get things opn the screen, and I also understand how to get the geometry right. Remember, BEFORE you export the DXF file to get converted, then viewed, DO NOT FORGET to just FLIP THE NORMALS BEFORE EXPORTING. My 3D Modeling program of choice(at the moment), happens to be Blender 2.6x+, which alleviates all the problems with creating geometry with more modern modeling techniques. BTW, I do intend to post pictures of 3D models that I am working on, for a "certain" type of game...you will see them soon enough... :mrgreen:

#3)I have watched a video on YouTube , with Andy Gavin talking about the architecture of the PSX , and how he managed to squeeze as MUCH power from the PSx, so :praise he and Jason Rubin could create Crash Bandicoot for it...which is OBVIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE and STILL IMPRESSIVE :praise , to say the least. here's the linky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izxXGuVL21o

BTW, I need to post my PC tower's stats:

Year Built: ~2003(Running great after I got the VERY OLD paste off the CPU, and then put a FRESH glop of CPU paste on it, bought a new PSU and literally dusted off connecters and
CPU: Socket 939 Athlon X2
PSU: 650 Watts
GPU: Umm...I forgot the name, but its more powerful than my nVidia Geforce 6600GT that's lying around(PCIe Gen 1)

I'm looking forward to hearing from...ANYONE here :lol: :mrgreen: :praise

inc^lightforce
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Programmer Windows+PS1, GFX Artist
PlayStation Model: Black

Post by inc^lightforce » January 26th, 2023, 9:47 am

Welcome. Looking forward to see something that you create in the future. Btw. You don't need a xp system. Psyq can also be used in modern Windows Versions. Since i switched from real Hardware plus SDK codings to Software only , mean: Code in Notepad, compile and Run in psexe, the emul8r.

Working perfect. No more needed These days.

I See U Work with Blender. I use 3dsmax. But you need also the knowledge how to Bring it on your screen in a PS1 Demo or whatever.

Btw. I must Release my 3d Workshop.

Soooo, Welcome again

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » January 30th, 2023, 6:44 pm

Vergil wrote: January 18th, 2023, 5:32 am Hellow fellow PS1 Homebrewers :D ,

#1) The "animatio.exe" is NOWHERE, I MEAN NOWHERE to be found in the PsyQ SDK, the regular PSx SDK or even the Net Yaroze SDK. ANYONE, I mean ANYONE that can point me to a link to the program, I would totally thank you :praise for ending my search with a link to the exe :crying
it's in this cdrom: https://archive.org/download/redump-id-69352
But I think it needs hardware installed to work.

roob
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by roob » February 17th, 2023, 12:16 am

First off: Hello!

Looking forward to see the Blender-stuff :)
inc^lightforce wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:47 am Since i switched from real Hardware plus SDK codings to Software only , mean: Code in Notepad, compile and Run in psexe, the emul8r.

Working perfect. No more needed These days.
Could you elaborate on this? Is psexe an old emulator? All I find is ePSXe.

I am trying to get up to speed following this:
https://github.com/NDR008/VSCodePSX/

This guide is using PCSX Redux, which I find practically no information about on this forum.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » February 17th, 2023, 1:02 am

Once you have VSCodePSX from NDR008's repo working in Visual Studio Code, you can run the PS-EXE that was built in an emulator such as NO$PSX (undisputedly the best emulator for debugging) or DuckStation (great for running the final build of your game with upscaled graphics).

The author of PCSX Redux won't post on these forums because he has his own personal reasons and issues. A word of advice is to stay away from the group its author associates with they can be very unpleasant and quite toxic, including the author himself.

If you like using NO$PSX, please consider donating to the author Martin on his site as he has contributed an insane amount of research and work to the scene and if it wasn't for him, the other emulators such as DuckStation (and even PCSX Redux) wouldn't be possible :)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

roob
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by roob » February 17th, 2023, 9:03 pm

Curiously there is no mention of any of those emulators on his git:
When Sony released the Playstation Classic recently, I came to realize two things: first, the state of the Playstation emulation isn't that great, and second, the only half-decent debugging tool still available for this console is that old telnet debugger I wrote eons ago ...
Yikes. I see what you are saying.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the NO$PSX.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » February 18th, 2023, 2:09 pm

roob wrote: February 17th, 2023, 9:03 pm Thanks! I'll take a look at the NO$PSX.
The latest NO$PSX supports Psy-Q symbols as well so that means you'll be able to see your symbols in MIPS assembly. NO$PSX is the first one to handle that ;)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

ShonRT
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: Gamer
PlayStation Model: SCPH-1002
Discord: Sam66#4024

Post by ShonRT » October 18th, 2023, 1:00 pm

Hi there. Thanks for sharing. Nice post.

Vergil
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

Post by Vergil » October 22nd, 2023, 12:08 pm

Okaaayy..just recently logged back in here after a few months long hiatus. Been digging away at the code, and I've found out a few things. The PSX Classic emulation is slightly above average. They should've just used ePSXe drivers, etc...it would've been perfect. . Still gonna use it for a dev box though...Lol. Hopefully I'll have something going on as well...