YAIP (Yet Another Introduction Post)

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
koi-fish
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User
I am a: casual dev & modder
Motto: Motto:rola68K
PlayStation Model: PSXpi

YAIP (Yet Another Introduction Post)

Post by koi-fish » December 10th, 2020, 3:52 am

Salutes: Yarozians, PsyQpaths & The Guild of Assemblers.
You can call me just koi for short if you prefer (moreover, I have a thing for 3-letter words).
First of all, thank you community for allowing me to set-up PsyQ-PSX & YarozeSDK like a breeze with all your instructions, tips and even updated tools.

ATM I'm reading for twice every avaliable doc (both sdks, dev & artist docs) and playing with samples.
First some editing, then a little of mixing and finally a from scratch replication crash-course.
Getting into both SDK feels a little confusing at times but also gives a deeper insight into system features, quirks & issues workarounds. Probably its a good sign that I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot.
I keep the mind small in terms of visuals and mechanic, looking for a base skeleton. It's a must not just because the proper PSX characteristics, but also because my previouse baggage it's lacking. In a nut: I started with a VTech kids computer with BASIC lessons and compiler, DIV Games Studio (think BASIC + C), QuakeC, C (Quake2 dlls). Maybe someone is reading this and is thinking "that's a lot" but first it is not and second, think of me doing it always like a hobby like playing with legos. I mean, one of my lost DIV games was a 2D adventure brawler a-la River City Ransom but with my friends and school as cast & stage (all poorly drawn in our notebooks and post-processed in Paint). It was 1997-98 (aaaww).

While there's a lot of info if the right places are looked, it's unavoidable to touch some walls. I'll try to not get wild and spam the forums, but admins dont hesitate to issue the warning if you feel like it's happening... "I don't want to become one of them and... walk with them!"
Hyenas are taking over the world!