related useful assm routines? algorithms ? fixed point math??

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
syghost
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

related useful assm routines? algorithms ? fixed point math??

Post by syghost » November 20th, 2020, 4:15 am

well , to address the elephant in the room . no matter what kind of game you want to make , your going to need to know how to address your 3D objects, 2D sprites in your game via your IED [my IDE of choice is psnoob], then using physics? and math ect. to program the functions the way that you want . my question I have is , is fixed point math needed? what are some useful routines that has saved your life once you learned about it? and thought to yourself... this could of saved me so much time if I learned about this sooner? also what would some of the most used functions/routines in MIPS be?

when you learn any prog language obv you remember the key commands syntax , but harder is to figure out is the functions needed to get the process you want down and why, where your using them . or am I coming about this wrong? any replies, books, or video related to the topics above , would be appreciated!!! again i'm brand new to coding in general. :oops: this is my first lang i'm learning . is there a psxdev IRC , or discord? how about you invite me to yours :?: :D