Hello everyone

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Jinesh
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Hello everyone

Post by Jinesh » October 21st, 2020, 8:42 am

Hi all!

Thrilled to see such a well-done site/community designated to PSX homebrew development!
I remember dipping my toe into 'the scene' four-five years ago and I don't think PSXDEV existed or I never found anything of its like. Got hold of some dev software but it was a pain getting to work. Now however with the excellent resources of PSXDEV I quickly got the XP image + Virtual HDD up and running in Windows 10 and Hyper-V. Compiled the Hello World PS1 code and it's all looking good! Thank you!

I had never heard of the original PlayStation before seeing a demo stand with Toshinden playing. This was EU launch week 1995 and it changed everything. The following January my father brought one home and in the first month I had acquired Thunderhawk 2, Tekken, Ace Combat and Jumping Flash. I had many gaming experiences prior but the PS1 is my generation.

I'm hoping to join in on PS1 homebrew coding sooner rather than later. I write code professionally so I just need to find the time and energy. Cheers!