Is there way to construct an 18650 battery pack with built-i?

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
MatthewAiden
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Is there way to construct an 18650 battery pack with built-i?

Post by MatthewAiden » September 8th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Hello guys, the weather is so fine, and I want to ask some advi...ses. :D Please be kind :praise
I'm a DIY enthusiast especially in electronics. I'm actually building a portable Playstation 2 Slim with an IPS display, so that it would look like a Wii U controller. It's my first large electronic endeavor.

However, being portable, I'd need it to be powered by rechargeable batteries. I'm very confused on how to approach the power part of this project. I'll try my best to be detailed as possible! I look forward towards your answers!
The Little Details

Looking around, I concluded that a battery pack of 18650s (3S) would do a good job, it seemed straight forward too. Connecting three of them in series will produce a maximum of 12.6V. It's also a bit common, therefore a lot of information about the batteries can be found, and even be salvaged from laptop battery packs.

I have some details on the electronics included in the project so far:

Sony Playstation 2 Slim (Model 75003)

Operational Voltage: 8.5V
Power Consumption: 6 A Maximum
Innolux N070IDG (Yeh, I love nice screens :D)

Type: IPS LCD
Resolution: 1280x800
Size: 7 Inch Diagonal
Operating Voltage: 9-12V (Best at 12V)
Consumption: 190-210mA (full brightness) (Indicated from Bench power supply)
Display Interface: Includes Interface board of HDMI, VGA, 2 x AV.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » September 20th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Best to browse or ask on the Ben Heck forums for that sort of stuff.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.