SCPH-1052 Troubleshooting

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
mejiromonk
Interested PSXDEV User
Interested PSXDEV User

SCPH-1052 Troubleshooting

Post by mejiromonk » June 10th, 2020, 10:23 am

I live in the United States, but have recently acquired a SONY manufactured SCPH-1052 SCART cable to use on the MICOMSOFT FRAMEMEISTER. To connect the FRAMEMEISTER, I use a SCART-->minidin8 converter provided RETRO CONSOLE ACCESSORIES (which I believe is now RETRO ACCESS).

This converter has worked with every SCART cable I have connected to it. However, the SCPH-1052 only produced sound, paired with FRAMEMEISTER's blue screen. However, I fixed the issue by using SCART-->JPN21 converter. The SCART-->JPN21 converter was made by RETRO CONSOLE ACCESSORIES; The JPN21-->minidin8 was included with the FRAMEMEISTER.

To clarify, I have been pleased with RETRO CONSOLE ACCESSORIES's products, but the cable appears to be fully functional, and I am under the impression that the problem is the SCART-->minidin8 converter.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Something with sync, perhaps? I went looking for information on the SCPH-1052, but cannot find anything. I do not even know what sync it uses.

I considered asking RETRO ACCESS, but I purchased this converter almost 10 years ago.

Any insight on the described issue, and information on the SCPH-1052 in general, would be appreciated.