IRQ10

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
ackerman
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

IRQ10

Post by ackerman » August 29th, 2019, 4:37 am

Good afternoon:

How does the IRQ10 work, in particular, the activation of it by means of pin 8 of the game port?

Could a microcontroller be connected, so that it generates an ascending and descending edge to activate the IRQ or does it require an SPI communication protocol like the rest of the controls?

Would it be possible to change the IRQ10 code, for example to create a very simple and ultralow protocol that detects flanks to assign them the value of bit 1 or 0 for time duration? I do not intend a fast protocol, just a basic input for the white psone, as it lacks SIO and PIO.

I have looked at the no$psx IRQ10 documentation and it is not clear to me.

LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Post by LameGuy64 » August 30th, 2019, 11:46 am

IRQ10 is connected to both the IRQ pin on the controller ports and one of the pins in the Parallel I/O port. I even toyed with it with a slightly modified Xplorer that attaches one of the parallel port pins to the IRQ10 pin of the Parallel I/O port. Not sure if you can just feed it with 5v directly or you have to use a resistor and transistor like what I did.

Its usually used by IRQ10 based lightguns like the Konami Justifier, where the gun would emit an IRQ10 signal to the controller ports when it detects light from the screen. Gun position is computed by using values from Timer 1 HBlank and Timer 2 Dotclock counters, which are reset before flashing the screen white and waiting for IRQ10 from the gun.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

ackerman
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by ackerman » September 2nd, 2019, 5:04 am

Thank you very much for the information.
I will make tests, to see what results I obtain.

I am analyzing all possible inputs of PS1, including the cd opening sensor, which can be checked with DsShellOpen.

I'm also testing with audio cdrw to read data.
The ps1 without lack of modifying the potentiometer of the laser of the cd, can read cdrw, but in concrete with cd's of audio type. It can play 10 seconds, and then generate a reading error, you get a silence, until it reads the data well again. The SPU of the ps1, can capture that data, and as if it were a slow modem afsk, can decode tones. I'm testing 1200 hz tones.