Greetings from Kuro World.

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Kuro-chan
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Greetings from Kuro World.

Post by Kuro-chan » April 29th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Hi hi. I often go by Kuro-chan.

I found this place because I was having a discussion with a buddy of mine, talking about how neat it might have been if a PS1 had a hard drive built-in so it would be less taxing on the laser and motor in a console. (Also noting it would have probably cost twice as much during launch).

That got me thinking about the gaming community in general and figured someone has done up some kind of mod that allows people to play PS1 games in a more indirect manner and that led me here. :)

I <333 My PS1, enough to keep several consoles on hand. That way, if one breaks, I can still play my library. :)

I think the PSIO project is a great idea and a way to revive consoles that would be otherwise considered dead due to a bad laser and/or motor. Great idea to help preserve the PS1 Lovers community.

I also like to fix PS1 consoles, rather than junk them. I managed to pick up a junk PS1 and use it to repair two others. One needed a new motherboard because it was damaged and prevented the memory card and controller slots from working. The other one, a classic 1001 model, I had to fix the switch for detecting if the cover is closed, plus replace the laser and motor as they both exhibited problems.
~ Kuro-chan
Kuro-RPG