Hello PSXDEV members

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
LameGuy64
Verified
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast
I am a: Hobbyist Game Developer
Motto: Commercial or not, play it!
PlayStation Model: H2000/7000

Hello PSXDEV members

Post by LameGuy64 » April 10th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I may be crap at writing stuff like this but anyway...

Hi, I'm LameGuy64. a.k.a; John Wilbert M. Villamor which is my real name. You can call me Jobert as that's my nickname or Joe if you wish to write my name as short as possible.

Throughout my life, I've been doing programming and game development in the past 4 years in Basic. I still do programming in Basic clones to this day most preferably QB64 for its QB like syntax, performance almost comparable to C++, and its vast support of existing C++ libraries. Even though I program mainly in Basic, I'm a bit familiar with C++ because I fiddle around with it from time to time to get some of the libraries working in QB64. I'm also an open programmer so I will always release the source codes of all my works freely...I'm not one of those 'selfish elite coders' who keeps their code closed from everyone no matter how dead simple it is. I don't like those people, I always wanna throw a brick to at least one of them (not literally). I'm also pretty good at digital cartoon art and pixel art (my current avatar is drawn by me) as its an important thing to learn when it comes to developing games alone. I never worked with anyone else in the past 4 years because getting help from everyone with skill is not free.

I joined PSXDEV to learn how to program games for the Playstation as its been my childhood dream to pull off such a thing and to learn more about programming in C/C++ so I can make games for other consoles. Not only that, but also to share my works to others in this seemingly small community. The only downside though is that I can't donate for the PSIO project for some financial reason despite the fact that I find the project very interesting. Also, I can't order the finished product anyway because ordering stuff outside the Philippines is impractical to us by any means which sucks.

I'm not sure if someone wrote a tutorial about programming the Playstation for beginners...I would like to hear about it.
Please don't forget to include my name if you share my work around. Credit where it is due.

Dev. Console: SCPH-7000 with SCPH-7501 ROM, MM3, PAL color fix, Direct AV ports, DB-9 port for Serial I/O, and a Xplorer FX with Caetla 0.35.

DTL-H2000 PC: Dell Optiplex GX110, Windows 98SE & Windows XP, Pentium III 933MHz, 384MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7000 VE 64MB, Soundblaster Audigy, 40GB Seagate HDD, Hitachi Lite-on CD-RW Drive, ZIP 250 and 3.5" Floppy.

t0rxe
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
Motto: /\OX[]
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by t0rxe » April 10th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Hi John! Good to see someone else taking an interest in PSX development.
You can find a tutorial here: http://psxdev.net/help.html
"Nostalgia isn't a big enough word to describe the PlayStation from my eyes"