Hi PSXDEV!

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Marc Colomé
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Hi PSXDEV!

Post by Marc Colomé » April 4th, 2013, 1:49 am

Hey!

I'm from Spain and I can't wait to start my project!

I'm planning to introduce in the videogame industry, as a videogame designer. I have a lot of ideas that I think that they can succeed, and a way to show 'em to the videogame industry, apart of making sketches and that kind of stuff, is convert them to a videogame.

And yes, the original Playstation looks and seems to be a good platform to develop for, apart of being my favourite console (FFVII, GITS, CMR, Tekken 3, Tenchu, Syphon series... A lot of games that any console could ever beat) of all time.

One of my 99999's ideas is to make a snowboarding videogame, something like Cool Boarders but diferent, realistic, but not that kind of racing snowboarding, something never seen. And If Cool Boarders 3 weights 318mb, a 642mb Snowboarding videogame would be bigger and better.

I can manage and use Photoshop CS4, Fruity Loops 10, 3dsMax 2011, Sony Vegas, and all programs related to making videogames.

Except for programming. I don't understand C++ and I can't make it if I know how to use/apply it. I started learning it today in YouTube and I hope it will be useful, but it's about C++ in general, not applied in videogames. Do you know any good video tutorials of C++ applied to videogames?

Another more thing, are there any guide for using the Psy-Q? I had downloaded the Codewarrior, the programmers tool, the PsyQSDK and the PsyQSDK doc, and there are many folders and I don't get how to use it.

Thank you and sorry me

Marc

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » April 4th, 2013, 8:35 am

Benvingut, Marc! Per part meva fa un temps que programo per a la PSX (utilitzant el PSXSDK en comptes de Psy-Q), i quina alegria trobar algú de Catalunya entusiasta per aquesta consola. Jo també tinc algunes idees en ment, però estic esperant a acabar el curs per començar-hi. I vés per on, estava buscant algú que sabés dibuixar! Podríem parlar i fer algun projecte junts.

T'envio un missatge privat on te n'explico una mica més.

Xavi

English version:

Welcome, Marc! On my hand, I've been programming for PSX for a while (using PSXSDK instead of Psy-Q though), and I'm so glad to find someone from Catalonia who's interested in this console. I've got some ideas as well, but I'm waiting until June to take them back. Actually, I was looking for a game artist! We could discuss about our intentions and try to start a project together.

I'm sending you a PM.

Xavi

t0rxe
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
Motto: /\OX[]

Post by t0rxe » April 4th, 2013, 11:53 am

Use whatever SDK works for you. I recommend PSY-Q though.
Look here for help: http://psxdev.net/help.html

You can even get the latest version of the GNU GCC compiler, and compile for the R3000 (MIPS) should you dislike the older version of GCC for some stupid reason.

While you can use C++ to make PSX games, C is preferred.
"Nostalgia isn't a big enough word to describe the PlayStation from my eyes"

Marc Colomé
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Marc Colomé » April 5th, 2013, 1:00 am

Xavi92 wrote:Benvingut, Marc! Per part meva fa un temps que programo per a la PSX (utilitzant el PSXSDK en comptes de Psy-Q), i quina alegria trobar algú de Catalunya entusiasta per aquesta consola. Jo també tinc algunes idees en ment, però estic esperant a acabar el curs per començar-hi. I vés per on, estava buscant algú que sabés dibuixar! Podríem parlar i fer algun projecte junts.

T'envio un missatge privat on te n'explico una mica més.

Xavi

English version:

Welcome, Marc! On my hand, I've been programming for PSX for a while (using PSXSDK instead of Psy-Q though), and I'm so glad to find someone from Catalonia who's interested in this console. I've got some ideas as well, but I'm waiting until June to take them back. Actually, I was looking for a game artist! We could discuss about our intentions and try to start a project together.

I'm sending you a PM.

Xavi
Xavi could you send me a PM with your mail? I'm not able to send PM's yet!

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert

Post by Xavi92 » April 5th, 2013, 7:47 am

PM with my e-mail sent! :D

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert

Post by Xavi92 » April 7th, 2013, 7:55 am

I haven't received any e-mail from you yet! Did you have any problems with the e-mail address? :shrug