Hrm, I hate introductions...

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
xdaniel
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Hrm, I hate introductions...

Post by xdaniel » December 15th, 2012, 6:43 am

Let's see, I'm xdaniel aka xdanielDZD on YouTube, a 25 years old German with some self-taught programming skills, mainly in C and C#.

I started messing around with coding for the PSX a few months ago, in early August or thereabouts, beginning with your typical "Hello World", then tried to get graphics showing, started writing some game-ish components (ex. code for a proportional font + quick and dirty C#-based font creator), and finally started writing an actual game... after having already tried that numerous times for at least PC, GBA and NDS, and never really getting anywhere besides a rather simple DS "game".

Said actual game is, or for now maybe was, supposed to become a horizontal scrolling shooter currently titled "Project GunMary", for which I have some videos on YT like this latest one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABuoNIs_S2s - Progress has been going really slow, however, probably because I once again underestimated the amount of work needed to be done, especially when starting pretty much from scratch.

I'm thinking of trying to do something simpler, like a puzzle game or something (something that doesn't require ex. a whole lot of game objects flying around, with AI, and shooting, and collisions, and so on, and so forth), and then maybe return to GunMary someday later. Still need to get the SDK installed and especially working again, tho, after moving from standard 32-bit XP to 64-bit Win 7...

Well, that's about it for my introduction, I guess, hope I'll be able to learn more about the PSX here (and maybe programming, especially structured and organized programming, in general...)

Xavi92
Verified
C Programming Expert
C Programming Expert
PlayStation Model: SCPH-5502

Post by Xavi92 » December 15th, 2012, 6:54 am

Hey welcome! I saw your videos over a month ago and even sent you a PM through YouTube about that. :P
Your game looks great. Keep up the good work!

xdaniel
Psy-Q Enthusiast
Psy-Q Enthusiast

Post by xdaniel » December 15th, 2012, 7:03 am

Xavi92 wrote:Hey welcome! I saw your videos over a month ago and even sent you a PM through YouTube about that. :P
Your game looks great. Keep up the good work!
That might very well be... I don't really pay attention to my PMs on YT all that much, or I forget to reply to them ^^" Anyway, thanks! :D