Hello!

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Dant
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Hello!

Post by Dant » November 5th, 2012, 10:25 am

Hello, I am Dant, I a bit of a retro gaming enthusiast and recently I've been getting into the massive library of PS1 and PS2 games out there.

I found out about the PSIO after attempting to find a way to play PS1 backups from a hard drive on a PS2 and realizing that it was more or less impossible... and mod-chips and the swap trick on the original PS1 don't interest me due to the necessary investment of CD-Rs, and of course, emulation doesn't interest me.

While I can't say I have any real skills to bring to development. I do have a SCPH-1001 revision PS1 that can borrowed for testing if need be, and I am looking to donate once they the folks here sort out the problems with PayPal.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » November 5th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Welcome to the forums Dant!

We will try to get the PayPal problems sorted out as soon as possible :)
(They have us on a 180 day waiting period for security reasons or something like that for the time being)
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Dant
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by Dant » November 7th, 2012, 3:58 pm

6 months? Dang, they really hate mod-chip vendors, don't they? Well, good luck, and you can expect a donation from me promptly when the issues are solved!