32/64 bit compatible yaroze set up or alternatives

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
mrhaboobi
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

32/64 bit compatible yaroze set up or alternatives

Post by mrhaboobi » November 9th, 2018, 2:19 pm

hi Guys

So its been a long time, having played with yaroze long ago.

Im interested to know what i need to do to get a YAROZE environment up and running, i feel like its the place to restart. i have my yaroze and boot cds etc. Sicons i assume is the challenge, is there an updated rebuilt version that works on 32/64 bit? What other items will cause me issues.

I use to have an old version of visual stupid set up to compile my yaroze projects. not sure is thats possible still, probably should be.

So i guess im wondering if there are any good posts on how to get a native windows 32/64 bit yaroze environment set up, ideally without using Dosbox etc..

the same would apply maybe for PSYQ which for me would be the next stepping stone.

Call it lazy, call it wanting utopia, but im just trying to get a fairly clean tidy and simple environment to use, based on my yaroze ideally.

If thats a pipe dream then please direct me to the next bet set up. What extra hardware do i need ( ideally just a cable ), what replaces the boot cd, what replaces sicons what dev tools etc would i need..

Has anyone every recomplied the yaroze gcc or djgpp to work with the latest versions. i use to have all the patch files for 2.8.1 and 2.7.2. i know others have done it to get c++ supported for yaroze dev. but never saw a newer version, and ive not had enough experience with compiling gcc or cross compiling..

Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers Guys

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » November 9th, 2018, 6:38 pm

mrhaboobi wrote: November 9th, 2018, 2:19 pm hi Guys

So its been a long time, having played with yaroze long ago.
Hello again, fellow Net Yarozee! :clap :dance
As you know I looked into updating the Net Yaroze toolchain in 2016 and failed :crying

Siocons only worked in dosbox for me (I couldn't get Virtual Box serial working either) and for whatever reason not 64bit linux Mint 18, but 32bit worked fine.
But I would recommend using No$PSX emulator and using printf debugging.

I used "yarexe" https://github.com/gwald/Yarexe which I mashed 2 or 3 exe's together.
Basically, it takes the siocons auto file and "combines" the art and the yaroze exe together into a single PSX EXE and patches it.
Then you load it into the emulator and it works :)

But the No$PSX only supports one controller and it's a little bit faster then a real PS1, so regular yaroze testing is required.
My machine has a serial port, so I used the original cable, and you already know about USB Net Yaroze cable.
The cable is also compatible with PSXSERIAL, which opens up opensource alternatives like PSXSDK and blade SDK.
Which I'm looking at using, so I can finally release something (I'm still in contact with Sony UK).

Regarding, the IDE, I started with Code::Blocks but moved to eclipse CDT.
It doesn't matter really, as it just runs a batch or make file.

mrhaboobi
Active PSXDEV User
Active PSXDEV User

Post by mrhaboobi » November 12th, 2018, 6:54 am

Hey Mate

I remember seeing your name on the old forums :).

so what is your set up now? what platform are you using. i really wanted to start back with Sicons and the Yaroze software. From memory i have it set up and working in Windows 2008 ok.. Sicons aswell.. but its been a long time.

I probably need to make a new serial cable.. i have the original Yaroze one only.

Id really like to get the original sony libs working on a newer win 32 build.

It looks like you had some success and had djgpp working? Did it comple the software.. was sicons your only issue? Keen to try again :)

Interested to know more.

gwald
Verified
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
Net Yaroze Enthusiast
I am a: programmer/DBA
PlayStation Model: Net Yaroze

Post by gwald » November 12th, 2018, 11:16 am

No success, I tried building a few things, gcc, djgpp and even siocons, but no luck... all over my head :(
I use linux and windows via virtualbox (winXP) but serial didn't work via VB so had to use dosbox in linux.

Not sure how the binaries would go in a 64bit windows, If you're PC doesn't have serial then a standard, cheap USB to serial convertor "should just work" (I haven't tried tho) or the USB net yaroze cable worked well.

I'm wanting to move away from Sony's Net Yaroze for a number of reasons but mostly because I've scratched that itch ;)
Now looking at PSXSDK and blade SDK, preferably something with 3D, when I do, I'll let you know what I find.

I was going to post about the 3DS here but moved it to it's own post.