PS1 Contract Job

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
tspilman
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

PS1 Contract Job

Post by tspilman » September 30th, 2018, 7:09 am

Hi all.

Looking for some help on a PS1 port of a classic title to PC. This isn't using emulation... we're porting the original source code using modern compilers. If you have some expertise in PS1 hardware/software and have some time available in the next month please reach out to me via private message here.

And if you have any questions just ask. Thanks!

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » September 30th, 2018, 6:21 pm

What 'classic title' are you referring to?
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

tspilman
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by tspilman » September 30th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Shadow wrote: September 30th, 2018, 6:21 pm What 'classic title' are you referring to?
I wish i could get into more details here, but NDAs always get in the way of talking about these things publicly. Of course once we get NDAs signed we can discuss all the details.

All i can say for now is for someone with good knowledge of PS1 hardware/software and time over the next few months it can be a good job.

tspilman
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by tspilman » September 30th, 2018, 10:14 pm

I guess i could give more details that could be useful.

The game is 3D and we're doing some enhancements to support shadows and post process effects using more common PC game techniques.

Mostly need help on the audio stuff, getting rendering more correct, and some tricker fixups of the seperate programs it launches for different parts of the game.

The work can either be review and consulting or you can jump in and help on the code itself. All depends on your expertise and time available.