PS1 Dev Console Power Cord Troubles

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
jawajosh
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

PS1 Dev Console Power Cord Troubles

Post by jawajosh » January 14th, 2018, 10:18 am

Hey everyone! New here, glad to be apart of this cool community. I recently got a hold of a blue NTSC PS1 dev console. It didn't come with any cords controllers or anything. It's power input says that it takes DC in 12 volts. I went looking around online and I could only find a PS1 DC in at 7 volts. I ordered a different cord that had a multitude of measurements and volts and it went up to 12, problem is it came in today and none of them fit in the dev unit.

So my question is, will the 7 volt cord work even though the back of the console is labelled as 12, or is there some special cord that came with the dev consoles that I need to track down. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

TriMesh
Verified
PSX Aptitude
PSX Aptitude
PlayStation Model: DTL-H1202

Post by TriMesh » January 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm

There was a special power block that was only used with those debug consoles. There is also a specific PSU that came with some Sony VAIO laptops that will work, but I imagine that would be as hard to find now as the original one that came with the console.

The other option is to open the console up and replace the DC-DC converter board with the power board out of a SCPH-1001/SCPH-1002 retail console - they have the same connectors and just drop straight in.

jawajosh
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

Post by jawajosh » January 15th, 2018, 4:32 pm

TriMesh wrote: January 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm There was a special power block that was only used with those debug consoles. There is also a specific PSU that came with some Sony VAIO laptops that will work, but I imagine that would be as hard to find now as the original one that came with the console.

The other option is to open the console up and replace the DC-DC converter board with the power board out of a SCPH-1001/SCPH-1002 retail console - they have the same connectors and just drop straight in.
Thank you for your help! I'll try and track one of those down and if not, look into replacing the board.