I don't like introducing me...

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
Mdrb
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

I don't like introducing me...

Post by Mdrb » July 18th, 2012, 10:36 pm

... but I'll do it anyway ;)

So, I'm a hobbyist who loves the oldschool dev (GB, PS, GP32, DC, etc). You can't imagine how happy I am to have found a place talking about PlayStation dev which is still active! Also, I'm amazed by the awesome PSIO project! :clap

My first approach with the PS programming was back in 2000... I can't remember the amount of time spent on reading the libref and libovr documents, but I didn't make anything which was good enough to be shared (just some basic tests as handling sprites, loading 3D models and texturing them). Finally, I give it up because the PsyQ archives that I did found on the Internet was quite incomplete: lacks of examples, docs, some header file was corrupted :cry:

So I'm very exited, 12 year later, to find a full PsyQ SDK on this website (many thanks to the person who upload them)! This tempt me to play around with them, and I hope this time I'll be able to release something.

ps: I'm french, and I don't speak english very well, so please excuse me if there's some mistakes or if some things are incomprehensibles :roll:

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » July 18th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Welcome to PSXDEV and thanks for the comments on PSIO. We are trying very hard to get it finished.
Please work on your test projects and release them. Anything like a sprite example or intro is fine!
Your English is good by the way. Good, clear and laid out well.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.

Mdrb
Curious PSXDEV User
Curious PSXDEV User

Post by Mdrb » July 29th, 2012, 11:53 am

Hi shadow ! Thanks a lot for the welcome and your encouragements :)

I'm sorry to reply so late, I was a bit busy to write some pieces of code... I don't know exactly what I'll do with it, probably a small technical demo as you suggest. Actually it only scrolls a tiled map with some animated sprites on it, while playing a CD track (and also a small scroll writer on the top of the screen). As you can see that's just the basics (using GsSPRITE, GsBG etc) but I'm working on it and I'll post it here with the sources when I'll get something interesting ;)

I wish you good luck with the PSIO project, I can't wait to see it finished!