How do I convert/port assets to Unity?

Post a topic about yourself to let others know your skills, hobbies, etc.
RamenRider
What is PSXDEV?
What is PSXDEV?

How do I convert/port assets to Unity?

Post by RamenRider » June 23rd, 2016, 4:00 am

Title. It is possible to port everything, not just models, into Unity?

So here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make a digimon moba concept and I want to use DW1 or DMO assets. I already have jpsxdec for ripping but now what.

I am extremely noob btw.

Shadow
Verified
Admin / PSXDEV
Admin / PSXDEV
PlayStation Model: H2000/5502
Discord: Shadow^PSXDEV

Post by Shadow » June 23rd, 2016, 4:03 pm

The models you'll get out of PSX games would be TMD format if anything. Some however, use custom or altered formats, that may or may not be compressed. Plus, you'd have to convert it back from a TMD into an object file which may then be used in 3DS MAX to be finally converted for use in Unity. It's a lot of work, and the final model may or may not be garbled by then. Best person to talk to would be 'Ughman' on the IRC channel, since he reversed the Crash Bandicoot system.
Development Console: SCPH-5502 with 8MB RAM, MM3 Modchip, PAL 60 Colour Modification (for NTSC), PSIO Switch Board, DB-9 breakout headers for both RGB and Serial output and an Xplorer with CAETLA 0.34.

PlayStation Development PC: Windows 98 SE, Pentium 3 at 400MHz, 128MB SDRAM, DTL-H2000, DTL-H2010, DTL-H201A, DTL-S2020 (with 4GB SCSI-2 HDD), 21" Sony G420, CD-R burner, 3.25" and 5.25" Floppy Diskette Drives, ZIP 100 Diskette Drive and an IBM Model M keyboard.